The Department of Environmental Studies (Estb. 2015) aims to achieve the overall holistic development of students through its curriculum and attempts to strengthen character by connecting students to society. Our motivated group of teachers are active in sensitizing the students to important issues like sustainability, equity, environmental awareness, pollution, human health and conservation.
The Department has a well-established Lab known as the Environmental Academic & Research Centre. The lab is well equipped with smart technologies suited to the demands of the new age. The presence of a well-facilitated smart board supported by a projector makes the way of presentment more lucid and the documentary sessions more interactive while teaching. To fulfil the responsibility of awareness and exposing the students to the multidisciplinary nature of environmental issues as well as proposing alternative solutions, the laboratory is well equipped with the tools and equipment for the acquisition of reliable scientific data, with precision and accuracy. With the appropriate use of the latest tools supported by information technology, students can put the lab experience to natural world environmental problems like pollution, climate change, resource degradation, biodiversity loss etc. and develop a sense of stewardship of the earth. The department has a society named "Prakriti" that empowers students with a sense of environmental responsibility.
The main achievements of the department are:
- Major research grant of Rs. ~ 85 lacs, Rs. ~ 34 lacs and Rs~ 115 lacs respectively sanctioned to Dr. Rajeev Singh
- A Teaching-Learning Workshop conducted for the teachers from 10-12TH August 2020. The workshop gave teachers hands-on experience on the use of ICT Techniques.
- A National Webinar on "Environment, Lifestyle and Weight Management: Preventive Measure to Cardiovascular Disease" was held on 28th August 2020 more than 900 participants took part in this event.
- An International Conference on Challenges and Strategies in Reproductive And Environmental Health With Special Reference To Covid-19 Pandemic was also held from 19th-21st February 2021 which was a big hit.
- Fieldwork to the students each successive year. (E.g Mukhteshwar, Nainital, Jim-Corbet, Aravalli Biodiversity Park, Yamuna Biodiversity Park, Kamala Nehru Ridge)
- Social Campaigns to save mother nature and create awareness (Stop Plastic, Cleanliness drive, Nukkad Natak, Poster making, Quizzes etc)
List of Faculty Members